Monday, May 3, 2010

Alexander the great Xyston 15mm

well i spent far to long on this boy last night but i'm happy with the final look i've also finished a companion and nearly another and started the last. They are all completely different and take a bit longer.



The photos above show the  process I used for painting the cape
really when it comes down painting anything its about layering Start with the dark colour
and work your way up to the lighter, I find that unless the final colour is a dark colour it's best not to leave any black, the first colour down is your shadow so when you paint the next colur leave the areas that you want darker shadow I do at least 3 layers but with this figure i did 4 each time in this case using the same colour but adding more white to achieve the lighter colour, normally i'd use different colours. I've used games workshop  liche purple. the two different colours are because i took some photos at night and some outside, the final colour is somewhere in between the two 

still a couple of small things to do on this fella



7 comments:

  1. Insanely awesome I'm just getting into 15mm ancients and medieval minis and your toys look awesome

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly these are not my toys as you term them these are part of a commission job for aaron from America so hope he likes these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent work

    You are inspiring me to have a go at my 15mm Xyston Macedonians :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of them look so good! Great!! Thanks so much

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must admit i've thought myself i think macedoians could be an army I'd like to do for myself

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent work Galpy - if your inspiring my mate Kingdan to paint his swiss faster its all good :) The macedonian army is quite good in fog (as are all pike armies) as long as you can keep your flanks safe. If by the time youve finished the contract you are still keen on a pike army you would probally enjoy one of the sucessor armies different colour options ect. Once again excellent work. I check back every day to see what else youve taken pictures of :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've finished the last two today while teaching a guy how to paint probably won't get the pictures up today sorry guys. will start the next 4 cav

    ReplyDelete