Saturday, November 19, 2011

28mm Old Guard Victrix test figures

I picked up two boxes of Victrix old Guard the other day and sat down this afternoon to see how  I would tackle them. When i spray painted them the other day for some reason the mat paint came out glossy these guys still have the glossy black undercoat once i have finished them (the pants and shoes) i will gloss vanish them and dull coat them to see how the black finishes up but they have come out quite nice. I like the look of Victrix figures the only thing is that they break far to easily 

10 comments:

  1. Very nice paintjob! Great shading on the greatcoats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Outstanding. Great color selections on the skin tones on the faces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good, I guess this means I need to paint more Russians! :)

    Craig

    ReplyDelete
  4. They do look splendid. Had the same problem with black under coat before but normally turns out ok in the end. Like you I love the look of the Victrix but was disappointed to hear that they break easily!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are lovely, Kent! I think the metalwork on the bearskin plate looks great. How about doing a tutorial?

    I have prepped quite a few of these; don't find them as fragile as the earlier French line, although one has to be extremely careful with cutting the bayonets off the sprue.

    Simon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully painted; I agree with the fragile plastic Victrix uses. Perrys seem more durable. Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice, how did you like painting these? I did mine some time ago and they were very quick to paint and I liked them...

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for the comments guys they are easy to paint and yes you have to be very careful cutting them out i broke only one bayonet. I will do a tutorial on how i paint these guys.
    Cheers
    Kent

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are great figures. Nice paint job. I used the same ones as Westphalian Garde Grenadiers.

    ReplyDelete