Thursday, September 23, 2010

28mm Artizan German Panzer Lehr

I was busy painting 15mm Britons tonight and also fixed up the Austrian 28mm Artillery figures when i just decided why not just do a test figure for my up and coming adventure into 28mm WW2, I've been working on the US Paras but will soon start on the Germans this figure has no camo but the ones to follow will in some cases, this should be interesting as i have not attempted camo on 28mm before and it doesn't look the easiest but who cares because it does look good if done well, Oh and i played Craig last night fow and got completely destroy not a good look for an army that i intend on taking to comp in a month.

Not sure if i am completely happy with all the colours yet but it's my first 28mm German plenty to go with another 21 here and a large order coming from Warlord games

11 comments:

  1. Nice, so clean and so simple and neat, how much time did you spend on it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! I hope you enjoy the new army. I'm enjoying mine!

    AJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. One thing, if this is early war, you could add helmet badges in 28mm. If you don't want to freehand paint them they make transfers. Small touch but adds a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Steve I think i spent about 30-40min was trying to work out what to use for my three layers of main uniform

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Aj They are late war which is a bit crazy as i have paint the first batch of US para as early war next lot will have to be late war

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good effort. Can't wait to see the para's.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. our painting style just gets better and better Kent! Nice and subtle highlights.

    This is really not doing me any good you know. I will just simply have to get some 28mm Fallschrimjager so we can do Carentan with those US paras of yours- and so my wallet now officially hates you!

    Can you post some pics of the US paras BTW

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi craig I was waiting till you gav me those round bases so i could finish some of them and then post the finished figure

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think he looks pretty good Galpy, I have been fighting the temptation to start collecting 28mm WWII, I think its a losing battle, nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  11. the figure pointing is wearing a camo smock not field grey in colour hope it helps

    ReplyDelete