Thursday, February 18, 2010

15mm acw figures

These are a mixture of figures that i painted for a friend and some he had painted for him by a another painter i traded them all for a rather large russian army, Sad to say the minatures that don't look to good were one of my first attempts at painting for commission, I think its good to look back and see how far you've come it's been a big learning curve and the more i paint the more i realise that your always learning, and thats what makes all this fun that and the fact that i get to move around little armies.

So i was sitting there when i though lets drag out these guys and put them on a DBA game bord just for fun


nothing like a bit of artillery to stop those damed rebs.


these minatures are based on flames of war bases for a game called battle smoke which is in trial testing stage at the moment, I've played 5-6 games and the gaming system seems to work very well its a fast paced game which takes around two hours to play. It is a Brigade level (with support) the overall value of these rules is to capture in a historical manner the dramatic colour, flair and excitement of the era.

there's nothing to worry about here hee hee



here they come.







here's the rest of my acw army


I've been thinking about starting  American war of Independence armies in 15mm if anyone out there can point me towards a high quality manufacture i'd be very thankful. I love painting high detailed figures 15mm-18mm is fine.

12 comments:

  1. Nice looking figures. I almost got start on ACW a few years ago after picking up armies on the bring and buy but life and kids intervened and I endede up selling them on to someone who would use them. Maybe one day...

    Cheers

    Andy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see the famous ACW action "defence of La hay Sainte" recreated! The best 15mm AWI figures I ever had were the ones sculpted by Anthony Barton but I don't think they are in production anymore sadly (I know Eureka now produce his superb ACW figures).

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  3. cheers thanks for that i will have to check into it. I just traded some 10mm russian naps for my 28mm cetls, going to strip them don and start from stratch should just tip me over the edge into complete madness And yes LA Haye Sainte is actually a hidden tardis and moves through time to battles in time next week it will be in 1944 russian front hopefully full of desperate German infantry stemming the hordes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We really must try Richard's rules again some time- they are a lot of fun.

    Of course I much prefer my double ranked (6 figs per base) standard rathr than your rather spare 3 figs per base! :)

    Craig

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes i actually like your double ranked as well and if i ever get around to doing this army again double ranks would be the way to go

    ReplyDelete
  6. Of course it is yet another 1/2 finished army I have lying around :)

    Craig

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Galpy - nice Blog - one of several NZ Blogs I just found out about from Robin Sutton. I've put your feed up on the AWC Website at http://awc.wargaming.info/ so might get you a few more hits! Cheers John.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thats for that John will have to have a look nat the web site

    ReplyDelete
  9. man the spelling in that last message was crazy sorry about that, does Robin have a blog that i could visit.
    Cheers Kent

    ReplyDelete
  10. For AWI, I'm a big fan of Minifigs and Essex. A new line of Peter Pig miniatures also looks quite promising.

    http://miniawi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Galpy,

    Nice collection! What game are they based for? We play mainly Johnny Reb III here in NorCal...

    ReplyDelete
  12. They are based for a new game that we a re developing called Battle smoke.

    ReplyDelete